Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Hair Raising Concerns!



Spank tried to be all über-cool about Rob cutting his hair at the end of the year. Spank felt in concert with Rob's need to exude some control over his life; to fight the man, if you will. Sure he could have done something less radical but boys will be boys... However with filming for New Moon drawing near, Spank is entering Stage 4 panic mode after reading that human hair only grows, on average, 1/4 inch PER MONTH. I think we can all agree that Edward Cullen with a buzz cut will be a bit of a buzzkill. Thankfully, Spank also learned that one surefire way to stimulate hair growth is to regularly massage the scalp. She knows just the girls for the job...


I've been a bit worried too. If they need to "rug" him it will be a nightmare - even if it looked great, just knowing it was a wig would "wig" me out! About massage... I'm pretty sure his head is getting a good rub down on a daily basis so he may not need the reinforcements (us).




But didn't Rob let his hair get to mammoth proportions before cutting it? It was no where near that long in Twilight. So it might catch up to Twilight length by the time they're shooting. Also... is there a rule that vampires can't grow their hair? If they can grow it (like Laurent and James have appeared to have done... unless one can argue they had long hair before they changed) then they can have vampire haircuts.



The narrative in the books says repeatedly that once a body is "frozen" it doesn't really change. But at the same time the vampires heal and regenerate and also have venom, so I don't know why hair wouldn't grow. I want to go on record as saying that I'm very pro-haircut. I love Robward and RPatz in their own special way. It helps me keep my boyfriends fantasy life straight. Not saying I wouldn't mind if both showed up at the same time... ;)



7 comments:

Bramblemoon Farm said...

I missed the haircut thing. I can't imagine. Is there a picture? Did I miss it, or was I in denial? Couldn't he rebell in other ways? He could wear pink tights or a nose ring? Come on now...

Anonymous said...

I'm with Ginger on this and the Mammoth Proportions. I mean it no longer stood on end, it just kind of flopped to either side of his beautiful chiseled face, thus forcing more thoughts of fingers running through his hair...in a futile attempt to style it back to a more Edward like 'do.

Apologies for the reverie. It should be fine by what? Late March?

Val said...

I certainly hope it grows back before shooting. Maybe he needs to be taking lots of vitamins and stuff, when I do my hair and nails grow too fast. Please no "rugs". Let all massage that scalp of his.

Nicholas said...

Oh, you girls are BAD!!!

~Jamie said...

I have been watching the hair daily too! I mean hello! We can't have a baldy vamp, and I totally agree about the rug, it just wouldn't be right!

Someone should send him some of that horse mane shampoo and those big vitamin pills that horses take to make their manes grow long and thick!

imbeingheldhostage said...

Did someone say something? Sorry I was looking at Rob...

Julie said...

Hello -- are you guys me? I keep reading your posts about the very things that I am totally focused on! I am very worried about the hair thing. I get that Rob wanted to exert his own right to cut his own hair, yadda, yadda, yadda -- but Edward needs to look exactly the same from movie to movie. And if they have to resort to a wig, it's gonna drive me nuts watching New Moon knowing that it's not his hair.